Thursday, January 16, 2014

First of 23 Mobile Things

 WHAT AM I GETTING MYSELF INTO?
   
       I decided to start this blog by practicing 23 Mobile Things, a program offered to library staff and others, like myself, who want to improve their knowledge and expertise related to newer mobile devices. Since I have an iPhone and can download the apps, I will start the program.  
       The question is: how did I get on the list for this? I have no idea! I have no idea whether I will be able to follow-up with  the suggestions for each Thing. I am not even sure what these vague Things consist of, since I have never done anything like this. I am primarily a writer/poet who shirks learning new Things unless forced to do so. However, yesterday I learned how to copy multiple files from a directory. I was really excited to do this since I had been wondering how to do it. It was not hard to learn. I learned how to do multiple adjacent files and multiple random piles. I am still trainable.
       I will let you know how this goes. In the meantime, as the wind howls through the trees and around the house and snow blows across my nicely shoveled sidewalk, I intend to work on a poem. Goodbye until the Next Thing.


C.


  
 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to this program where you can not take learning too seriously. Remain playful, and keep blogging. You can do it!

    Patricia Post
    CMLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never too late to start learning. I'm hoping you'll explore at least a couple of the Things, and feel free to skip around!

    ReplyDelete